How’s your garage?
Mine is a disaster. But when we have people over, or host a party, inevitably the garage door winds up open, much to my dismay, showing the world the worst part of our home. So every summer, I start my campaign that when we have a stretch of sunny days, we need to take everything out and choose what deserves to be placed back in the garage. I have high hopes of painting the floor, getting the shelving to be custom to what we really need…please tell me you’re with me.
I have a pinterest board (it’s been going for YEARS, as has my dreaming of a nicer garage). But alas, thus far, these fabulous ideas remain unfulfilled dreams. But I’m going to share some of my favorites with you today. Perhaps it will push me, or maybe it will motivate you (and then you can guilt me with your beautiful pictures of your amazing new garage!)
- A Bowl Full of Lemons has my FAVORITE garage to mudroom makeover HANDS DOWN. I have been going back to the photos and instructions for what seems like years.
- I think this storage built over the garage doors by Jay’s CustomCreations is fantastic. I am a sucker for wise usage of often-wasted space! They give a full tutorial on their site. Unfortunately, you have to find someone willing to do the work!
3. Blue I Style shows a super cool metallic paint finish on her garage floor:
I think the super shiny finish might require extra convincing to get my husband on board, especially since he really doesn’t care what our garage looks like or who sees it…I’ll keep you posted on those negotiations!
4. Just knowing what needs to be stored is half the battle. What I see in this photo from Do It Yourself Samples is someone who really assessed their garage “stuff” and planned accordingly. I’ll bet their closets are amazing too!
5. Blue I Style also had these fantastic ideas:
If you know about my love for Spray paint, then you know I LOVE this storage idea!
What ideas do you have for your dream garage? I’d love to hear! Have a beautiful day! ~Alyson