As I shared in the last post, we successfully convinced my younger daughter that a bedroom re-do was in order. I have happily begun the planning process! Since at one point, my gal mentioned yellow and some of the accessories I already have a re gray, those two colors (at least right now) are what I am thinking of trying. I also came across some fun curtains at Bed, Bath & Beyond online that fit with the color scheme! So at least for the time being, I am off and running!
Today I thought I’d share some of my finds. The way I explore and idea initially is by searching my subject matter, in this case “gray and yellow bedrooms” on google and then I pin any image that includes something I like. I don’t have to love the whole image/room, many times it is simply one element that I’d like to try. Often in the initial search I am led to other related elements and wind up with an almost complete picture in my head. Other times, the search helps me to realize I was headed in the wrong direction. Both scenarios are helpful-the latter can help me avoid a costly misadventure!
- Here are some fun curtain panels I found along the way in my search. They are from themine.com. I can picture them in a room with mostly gray because they are a little on the “wild” side, but they would certainly make for a great focal point in the room!
- Target also has some great design finds. Seriously, don’t rule them out. I really love these pillows!
Just from the first two items, I can start to see a room unfold. In choosing paint color, I can try and match one of the colors from the fabric (or go a shade or two lighter on the same paint fan deck page). Also, the addition of a few patterns really doesn’t always create competition. These guys all get along really well and are very different-can’t we all just get along??
3. The next photo is simply inspiration on the ratio of yellow to gray. The photo is from Crate and Barrel, but I found it on Abigail Ahern’s blog.
4. I’m not certain the room with have a rug, but I do love this one! It is from rugsusa.com, who has AMAZING sales. If you are not on their email list, you should be. Sometimes they have 80% off sales. Yup. 80% off. It is so worth the extra emails in your inbox for this site.
5. As I mentioned, I already have some gray bedding, so I am hoping to use it. It’s relatively new and I do like the trellis pattern. This is similar to what I have:
All plans are subject to change, but since these are already here, they will, at the very least, audition for the role of bedding.
6. But I do love the crisp look of white bedding too…..like this one from thefrugalhomemaker.com:
7. I found some fabulous Gray paint colors that I will have to match up with the window treatments and bedding I choose!
8. Here are the curtain panels that first sparked the yellow & gray color scheme. I still think they are fabulous. They are from Bed, Bath & Beyond:
9. I can picture Benjamin Moore Hawthorne Yellow HC-4 in the room, but I’m unsure if how….maybe the desk/vanity in stead of the walls? Hmmmmm….. Decisions, decisions! Your thoughts?